An introduction to Kate Diamantopoulo (RGN SCM HV MCH RS HOM AHA AROH)
Homeopathy is a passion for me, arrived at after a long career in emergency nursing, midwifery and community health care, having lived through the unexpectedly severe ill health of my three young children. I found that my children's health improved as a result of pursuing treatments in alternative disciplines including acupuncture, herbal medicine, cranial osteopathy, reflexology, massage and finally homeopathy.
I began studying homeopathy in 1983 receiving my Licentiate in 1986 and membership of the College of Homeopathy in 1987. My practice has ranged from working with people with AIDS through to practice in remote Indian villages. In the UK I served on the Board of the Society of Homeopaths for three years. I was also the first Chairman of Friends of Homeopathy - the fund-raising arm of the Society of Homeopaths. As well, I lectured for 15 years at the College of Homeopathy, was on the Board of Examiners, moderated and contributed to planning work and the revision of the course in readiness for degree validation. I was also involved in the continuing education programme for the Society of Homeopaths.
- Provided lectures, seminars and talks to community and professional groups
- Interviewed on radio talk shows and national television
- Articles accepted and published by the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine and the Journal for the Society of Homeopaths
- Co-founded a multidisciplinary children's clinic and a registered charity (the Dolphin Clinic) in the UK
- Set up voluntary clinics treating HIV and children with cerebral palsy and brain damage
- Initiated the development of children's clinics run by students in the community under my supervision, with many former patients becoming students and practitioners of homeopathy
- Run a global practice of more than 10 000 patients
- Written a comprehensive CD-ROM for homeopathic treatment in accident and emergency situations suitable for health practitioners and lay people.
Now living in Perth, Western Australia, I run a practice and teach homeopathy in the local community. Overseas practitioners supervise cases when I am absent. You can email me at email@example.com
to let well alone,
From too much zeal for the new
And contempt for what is old;
From putting knowledge before wisdom,
Science before art,and cleverness
before common sense;
For making the cure of disease more
grievous than the endurance of the same:
Good Lord deliver us.
Sir Robert Hutchison